02. Book 3 Essential Technique
NOTE: Please choose your book from the drop-down list below.
For teachers everywhere, Essential Elements has continued as the standard of band pedagogy. Its carefully designed curriculum makes student learning efficient, yet fun, at all levels. In addition, Essential Elements continues its innovation with powerful technology-based learning tools, supplementary components, and correlated performance materials.
- Technique building program
- Also for individual study or small groups
- Book 3 of the Essential Elements beginning band system
- 9 major and related minor keys
- Each introduced with scales, Rubank-style etudes and a chord balance exercise
- Each key has a short, full-band chorale that includes every scale tone for every instrument
- More great music that explores many styles and cultures
- Challenging concepts are only introduced in familiar keys
- Introduction of triple meters (12/8, 9/8, 3/8), more triplet based rhythms, rhythmic figures with rests, and meter changes
- More music theory and terminology such as grace notes, divisi, and additional dynamics
- History and music of 16 composers, world music and style studies
- Integrated creativity and assessment that exceeds the National Standards